Saturday, July 17, 2010

Exercise in short bursts during your work day to get all the benefits of a sustained once per day workout

Hi there!
It's me Svetlana.
Ron posted a comment on the previous article I poseted. It is about no-brain exercises you can incorporate into the everyday life to rip the full benefit. Ron said he started doing.the "backyard bootcamp" routine and alredy can see benefits.

This reminded me that I discovered something even better: one can exercise without leaving the workplace!

The greatest care-free exercise strategy I discovered over years is exercises in short "bursts" or sessions throughout the day. One can even do it at work. You are entitled to a 30 min lunch break and several 5 min breaks thoughout the day, right? Let's turn them into the calorie-burning, strength-gaining short routines! Do you want to know what I do?



I close my office door and do 100 squats, 50 pushups from a chair, 200 toe rises, as many as possible (in quick succession) resistance band arm exercises. If done in a quick succession, the whole routine takes about 7 minutes. If done 4 times thorughout the workday, you do the math. This is almost 30 min of no-brainer, no-chane-in-sports-clothing, no-shower, no-going-to-the-gym strength exercise! Add a brisk walk during the lunch break and several short brisk walks around the office during the day, and you are all set!
 
Recently I have been thinking about bringing a couple of dumbells to work to make my short sessions even more effective.
 
Yes, I am a doctor and I have an office with the door that can be shut so nobody can see me. But you know what? Even if you are at the office with 200 other emplyees around you... there are fire stair cases in the building, right? If you know what I mean.

To see the description of the backyard bootcamp that Ron likes, see the article below.
 
Good luck.
Svetlana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment about anything that interested you. Thanks!